Laser Hair Removal is the cosmetic process of unwanted hair removal through exposure to lasers which completely destroy those hair follicles. It is the most common procedure all over the world, as everyone wants to get rid of the everyday headache of waxing or tweezing, particularly facial hair removal.
IPL Vs Laser Hair Removal
IPL is an intense pulse light therapy which is used by dermatologists for many skin treatments including hair removal. This is quite different from usual hair removal lasers in the following ways:
- Laser hair removal therapies throw lasers of only one specific wavelength on the targeted area while ipl hair removal has many wavelengths that are spread within the skin.
- Laser hair removal could be used to target larger area of the skin while the ipl technique is effective only for the smaller areas.
- Ipl was actually developed for the treatment of the entire skin while hair laser removal was wholly solely developed for hair removal.
Apart from ipl, there are many other ways of permanently removing hairs such as electrolysis hair removal, but it has been observed under many researches that laser hair removal is the most efficient one.
Why prefer laser hair removal?
It is considered to be a most efficient process of removing hair rather than doing waxing or shaving after every 10 days. It should be preferred for the following reasons:
- This is a process of permanent hair removal, usually after four to seven sessions of laser.
- It is a speedy process and removes hairs in just a few seconds depending on the size of the area like upper lips may take less than a minute while legs can take an hour.
- Laser hair removal can only target on the selective area without damaging the surrounding skin.
Cost of Laser Hair Removal
American Society of Plastic Surgeons reported that the laser hair removal cost around 235 dollars per session. This cost varies according to the following factors:
- Size of the targeted area
- Time needed to treat that area
- Number of sessions required
- Part of the country where treated